SupportCensor has no direct or indirect relation with Quickbooks. Only, it tries to bring every possible support alternative (official / independent / local / on-site etc), together, at one place. This saves consumers from traveling across the internet in search for trusted support options. Considering the fact that, support informations, over the internet today are highly untrustworthy, need for such a platform gets extremely important. We're continuously putting efforts to improve our services to the best.
- Updates may roll over several times in a calendar year (typically every month) or as & when it’s deemed necessary.
- These bring only small changes to the Quickbooks desktop program while keeping other core features untouched.
- Updates doesn’t incur an extra fee on the part of the consumer, as it’s still the part of regular service to already a paid program.
- Updates can be released over-the-air (along with making the download file available to download & install manually) for the application to automatically download files from severs without a required action from the user. To be able to use, Quickbooks automatic update, the feature should be left enabled inside the desktop program. Settings to enable can be found under ‘Help’ section in Quickbooks.
- Upgrades are typically released once a year or when intuit feels it’s ready with a new or improved program version.
- Upgrades, as the word speaks itself, bring-in major changes to the desktop program as compared to the regular updates.
- Upgrades may or may not be paid depending upon the product version & it’s feature offering.
- As ‘Upgrades’ are entirely a new product offering existing or new improved features, is installed as a fresh program. The program needs to be downloaded from Quickbooks website & installed on desktop as similar as installing it for the first time. This doesn’t required an old program files to be present in computer (except for the old company files those can be imported later).
A nice article in detail can be found at ‘Quickbooks Help’ section under ‘Quickbooks Learn & Support’.
Please visit https://community.intuit.com/questions/1332172-how-to-update-quickbooks for easier instructions on updating your quickbooks. The article describes three different ways to update the program.
Automatic Update - Program downloads the update files automatically from the Quickbooks servers as & when made available & seeks user permission before installation.
On-Demand Update - Once the automatic update feature is turned off, users can manual check for updates when needed.
Manual Update - Manual update is the process that involves complete user involvement. Update files can be downloaded from Quickbooks download page by visiting https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products . One needs to select the correct product version before downloading the correct files. Same files, then can be distributed across target computers (if required) for installation.
We could find a nice post at Quickbooks ‘community help’ that explains about upgrading to a totally new product version if you don’t have the CD or a flash drive. (url: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Update-to-the-latest-release-of-QuickBooks-Desktop/td-p/203221)
To upgrade to a new Quickbooks program, users can visit the download section on the website using the url above & select the appropriate product type before installation.